Outstanding photostable protection across the UVA/UVB spectrum
Helioplex® represents a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies specifically engineered to deliver broad-spectrum, superior protection from UVA/UVB damage.
Exceptional absorbance throughout the UV spectrum
- Maintains over 85% of UVA protection after 5 hours (simulated UV irradiation levels approximating 5 hours of midday sun exposure)1
- Resists photodegradation, even under high-intensity irradiation2
UV absorbance compared with other broad spectrum sunscreens1
Outstanding protection against harsh UVA insult
UVA protection factor: Ultra Sheer® SPF 85 with Helioplex® technology1
Protection against UV-induced cellular damage
A single application of broad spectrum SPF 55 sunscreen with Helioplex® technology provided protection for multiple cellular markers against a UV insult of 55 minimal erythema doses (MED).3
Suppresses thymine-dimer formation3
UV-induced skin damage may cause skin cells to mutate and lead to skin cancer.
Minimizes depletion of Langerhans cells3
UV exposure is known to reduce the presence of Langerhans cells in the epidermis, compromising skin immunity and leading to immune suppression.
Langerhans cells (CD1a+)
Broad spectrum, photostable formulations to address every patient under the sun
Lotion—A water-resistant sunscreen that applies easily without feeling sticky or heavy
Spray—Lightweight, fast-absorbing mist offers convenient outdoor skin protection for the active family
Liquid—Elegant fluid with a weightless feel, designed to provide an even, non-shiny finish that works beautifully alone or under makeup and moisturizers
Stick—An easy-to-use stick application that’s ideal for children, babies, and when you’re on the go
- Data on file, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
- Rigel DS, Chen T, Appa Y. Sunburn protection by sun protection factor (SPF) 85 and SPF 50 sunscreens at high altitudes. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009;60(3)(suppl 1):AB155. P3114.
- Cole C, Appa Y, Ou-Yang H. A broad spectrum high-SPF photostable sunscreen with a high UVA-PF can protect against cellular damage at high UV exposure doses. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2014;30(4):212-219.
Third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
- The relevance of high SPF products: high SPF sunscreens help compensate under-application. Poster presented at: American Academy of Dermatology 69th Annual Meeting; February 2011; New Orleans, LA. (PDF)
- Efficacy and substantivity evaluation of a sunscreen formulation for people conducting sporting activities in a high-UV intensity locale. Poster presented at: American Academy of Dermatology 68th Annual Meeting; March 2010; Miami, FL. (PDF)
- The relevance of high SPF products in the real-world. Part I. The concept and the use of SPF in sunscreen comparison. Poster presented at: American Academy of Dermatology 68th Annual Meeting; March 2010; Miami, FL. (PDF)
- Chu et al. Measurement of the reduction of UVA-induced oxidative stress after application of photostable sunscreens.
- Rigel et al. Sunburn protection at high altitude in extreme sun conditions with a single application of a new photostable SPF 70 sunscreen.
- Muller, et al. Evaluation of protective effect of a sunscreen against UV induced cellular damage.
- Rigel, et al. Photostability of UVA/UVB sunscreens under extreme tropical sun exposure.
- Hino PD, et al. Protective effect of a photostable sunscreen against UV induced molecular and cellular damage.